Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nails

I gnawed on them when I was nervous. Didn't even try wearing them long. Rugged means colorless clean nails. At times, I forgot to cut them and bit them instead. I have this memory when my Grade 5 teacher checked our nails and hit my hands with a ruler stick 3 times because they were unclean.
I just started going to salon to have my nails done when I was already in my 4th year in college. Courtesy of a friend, Cherubim Montenejo. I colored my nails in vibrant colors but didn't go for super manicures.Felt like socialite after that. That mere simple unusual act I did, felt a bit more extraordinary though I started having my hair "relaxed" since I was in my 2nd year. Cutting my allowance on food inorder to spend on my caprices.  
Being part of the corporate world, I really have to carry myself well. One of the worst to deal with is dirty fingers. My work involved dealings with clients, therefore from head to toe I really have to be fresh, clean and presentable.
I was addicted to going to salon to have my nails fixed. Though my husband didn't agree to have my nails colored at first, I still insisted. That made me happy, then he was swayed. I tried different colors. But even choosing nail polish reflected my personality. My choices were: Tan, Beige, Brown, Black and Violet. Sometimes, have my nails done twice in a week. 
Nails, same as hair, are my crowning glory. It boosts energy whenever you look at them, clean and smiling. 
I do not want others sneer at me especially people are fond of looking at faces first then your toes.
Nail spas are from everywhere low rates to 15 kg rice equivalent. But I'd rather visit this small salon in Quezon City and be relaxed. The manicurista takes really good care of the cuticles and in-growns. She doesn't operate on my toe nails as if she got her surgery doctorate.
Nails are mirrors of how we take care of ourselves. 
When I realized, what are they for, I didn't gnaw them since. 
Find time to pamper your nails both fingers and toes.
It's not a whim, it's a necessity. Well, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment