Sunday, August 23, 2015

Steer the Wheel

I was always on the steering wheel. 
I maneuvered my life to however the circumstances presented itself. 

I was a driftwood. 
Thought of myself the least. 

Fell off the cliff on a g-force and free fall. 
Jerked off the reality that I could have clung on on something and fought against the current.

But honestly, I had not. 
I burst bubbles of those who were strangled and slapped the reality on high five but I never realized I was trying to find the key to my cage and not theirs. 

Unsolicited advice. 
Revolting emotions. 
And words gargling in my throat which were trying to escape because of the oppression I saw and I thought some of my friends were into. 

The cliché it takes one to know one marked the whiplash at my back. 
I was fighting because I was unhappy. 
I was living in the dimmest cell and I had been a lonely soul. 

I illuminated a blurry smile I thought was so bright it could disarm anyone. 
But.. But I was fooling myself back then. 
I was living in a dungeon. 
In a damp pit I pretended seeing a castle and secret garden. 

I could never trace the depression if my life is not on it's proper tilt now. 
I am living my world in present with all the freedom I desired to have for so long. 
Those past moments that crossed my mind and make me smile at times. 

Without failures, I will never succeed.
Without pains, I would never experience bliss.
Without heartaches, I would never find true love.
Without mediocres, I would not meet a fine man.
Without the past, I would never be here, Now. 

Indeed, I hold the steering wheel. 
I will maneuver my life to however I want it.
To wherever I want it. 
To whatever I put my heart to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment