Monday, September 24, 2012

PEARLS

(Delayed posting--this was supposed to be posted on the below-mentioned date)


This is a story I always have in my heart.

Apart from my family who grabbed half a portion of my heart, these people have swept my feet with their sincerity and love.

I always have self-esteem issue.

I grew up thinking I was inferior and nobody liked me. I marginalized myself oftentimes and when I went to college, I was cloaked with uncertainties. I surrounded my heart with barrier no one could penetrate not until I was introduced to a world of diversified personalities and pure hearts.

We were all sixteen years old, one was younger by short breath and some few steps advanced yet we created our bubbles together. At first, I only allowed myself to be at the margin, an awkward stage when I was battling with confusion with the friendship offered. Friendship is no stranger to me, I have a few back in high school but this was the moment I could go on naked and show up my scars. I was never judged, I was never shown superiority although the inferiority issues came from me not from these people.

I never believed that a lot of people would learn to appreciate me. I thought only my family would successfully nestled in my heart (they had no choice anyway), but lo and behold, these individuals offered me a variation of affection.

I fought with my own demons, above all the culprit was my pea-sized self-esteem.

I waltzed with differing emotions and tried to welcome strangers to a place where there was no turning back.

I laughed. I got drank. I made stupid mistakes. I was heartbroken. The first time, I realized that growing up was not that bad.

19 diversified thoughts. 19 hearts. 19 souls. HB was born.

Regardless what others would call it. Whatever criticisms would be spilled out, my nerves will always have stings and will ooze out love for these people.

Today is a gloomy and wet Saturday, July 21,2012. 15 years ago, HB was conceptualized. No contracts, no rationale, no objective, no ulterior motives. Only, we had planted a single seed that sprouted and grew up into a tree that shaded the whole of the Earth. The love is bigger than anything else.

I am the strangest outcome of that simple concept. I struggled a lot. I forgot myself. I drifted away, yet,I am still here. Circuited back to the core of friendship.

I acquisce, I am the most emotional and vocal about these feelings because I owe this group a lot. I am in debt of these people how I have graced my own world. Cried with me. Encouraged me. Knocked me out some wits when I dumbly decided on things. Applauded my success.

Thank you is not enough but for now, that's the only word I can wrestle out of my emotionally stricken day. Thanks a lot HB! And cheers to a wonderful 15 years of friendship.





No comments:

Post a Comment