Friday, September 28, 2012

A Mother's Fight

If only I could wrap my kid with bubbles.
If only I could take all the pains.
If only I could swallow all the challenges.
If only I could gather all dangers.
If only I could stash away all the worries.
If only I could create a paradise for her.
If only I could build a castle with servants.
If only I could garner all the awards for her.
If only I could shape up her confidence.
If only I could put her on the pedestal.
If only I could guard her from gossips.
If only I could push out all sickness.
If only there's no hunger.
There's no emptiness.
There's no tear.
There's no bruise.
There's no heartache.
There's no longing.
If only I could scribble her love story.
To provide her the brightest future.
If only life is fictitious.
I would write my daughter's life,
And dictate a happy ending.
If I could just summon the world to be fair.
I wish, I really could..
But age is not counting down.
Death is inevitable.
But I can just show her how much I love her
She is the reason of my breathing.
The most worthy fight.
But I also have to let her explore,
For her to learn
To stumble and rise.
Despite my fear,
I have to let her go,
To make her stronger,
To build her compassion,
To be empathic.
So that someday,
My if only,
Will be her own..
On her own.
Stronger.
Braver.
Bolder.
I also need to fathom
If I am doing it right.
I wish I will still be here someday,
To see my daughter,
Weave her own reality.
If only..

No comments:

Post a Comment