Thursday, June 7, 2012

I thought so..

2011 was not a good year. I was on the other side of the see-saw but I was at the higher end. You think, I am fortunate? Yes, I also thought so. But gravity pulls object to the ground. As much as I want to defy the force, I can't. You can just turn your back from a magnet but never from the power of the Earth's inner core.

I fell. Hard! Ouch!

Then I thought, I would just rise and walk away but no! I stumbled once more, then another then another.

My knees were scraped. Painful but I never cried out. What for? I'm brave! No one should know I was bleeding. Put a make up on, masscara to curl lashes, smiled and picture perfect!

That's the best I've got! Pretensions!

I took all the blow. I was like a hermit crab, oftentimes, I could hide. I could crawl and hide.

Forces wrecked my hiding place.

I was left naked, vulnerable and bruised.

I run to climb a sturdy tree to realize it was just a shadow of a burning bush.

My pretense collapsed.

I am alone.

In this dark alley, I have no one.

The glimpse of 2012 sent me hope.

I clawed my way up.

I settled at the highest peak.

I became my own master.

I am strong, you lean on me.

I am tall, climb up on me.

I am brave..

No I am not!

2012 is already halfway, is there still hope?

I nod.



No comments:

Post a Comment