Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Part. One : Voice

Miranda's heartbeat quickened and she wanted to throw up because of fear. All her life she has been so brave facing everything but facing an unknown enemy is simply pushing her to the edge of her not so dauntless self. Her put ons were lying down on the floor. She could face all the challenges posted on her forehead but not a creepy feeling running on the length of her spine.
She breathed deeply and closed her eyes. She felt a weak courage impending to creep her up.
When she opened her eyes she was facing a very dark alley. She was transported somewhere unfamiliar and she needs to fight back the fear that will somehow cripple her if she permits.
"Hello!" she called. She could hear her own voice squeak.
"Calm down. Calm down." The voice was all over the place, echoing "You need to suppress your fear Miranda. Everyone present will manage to smell that stink"
Shivers down her spine and she wanted to scream and run but she knew it will be futile.
"I do not want fighting out helpless!" She shouted. She was even taken aback by this new bravery boiling inside her. "You will never defeat me! You will never defeat me! I will  never give you a chance to subdue this intrepid. I have perfected this craft and I owe no one!"
Her knees were transforming to Jell-O but she tried as much to face the darkness.
"The darkness is just an absence of light. Not to be afraid of," She could hear her Aunt whispering at her before she succumbed to illness. The time when she was still a child and paid her aunt for an overnight visit. The time when she was yet unexploited of the world.
She concentrated hard and closed her eyes. She counted to ten and opened her eyes abruptly.
She was lying on her bed with total stillness at the confines of her room.
She blinked.

2 comments:

  1. Great writing you can feel the anxiety and fear she felt all the way through, then comes the realization at the end, I liked that. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can not put other words bestowed by my emotions but spill out through this installment.
      I have yet to finish the novel I'm doing.
      This is just my filler to idle time when I'm somewhere stuck with my plot, I usually blog random thoughts.
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete