Thursday, May 31, 2012

Somewhere in Between

I am fully aware that I am doing complicated plots for my YA Fantasy.

At first, I just started with a young love sweet love drama. As I tranced along the romance genre, I realized I needed a little twist to make it exciting.

So what's next?

Let's put a distance in between the two lead characters. After which, let's try a love tragedy or with subtlety, let's garnish with a love triangle emphasis. Hola! My nerves never got the tingling experience. Not even giggle over it. Nah!

And then I entered a multiple personality disorder which happened to be morbid by the end of my thought. I can not kill one persona just to give way to another. This is not Heroes!

And then fantasy evolved from somewhere.

I always love fairy tales.

And so Kendra and Josh emerged from the pit in between Inception and Vanilla Sky.

Got a handful of reference books to make it factual.

The story supplied the existence of another world governed by human emotions-fed butterflies.

Then there's a hint of Dante's Inferno and the wonder of mother's love.

And I am stuck.

Somewhere.

Despite I am doing an installment of a romance Romantic Bones, I still do a lot of research on the sides. Running errands for work, family and a sprinkle of spices on top of a complicated life.

I love writing and I intend to do this despite a busy schedule.

My brain capacity is more than a gazillion gigabytes yet it malfunctions a lot.

I realized, stress can kill. I have perfected blocking migraine especially if it's stress related attack.

Sleep.

A day does not offer 48 hours. All I have to do is balance, prioritize and enjoy each hour.

I write in between errand and driving.

Nicholas Spark had written The Notebook when he was still working in Pharmaceuticals.

Lauren Oliver wrote Before I Fall while going to work commuting. Whenever she got time, she wrote.

Veronica Roth started Divergent when she was in College and just published recently.

Those are just few who abounded the publishing world with grace.

Passage will be out this 2012 (keeping fingers crossed). I can not meet June for the 1st part. Passage will be a Trilogy though I hope I'll be sane enough to finish the whole of it that I will not be dragged to the fantasy world.

Reading thoughts-provoking fiction is an excellent escape, I am also skipping time with my writing.

I am living somewhere in between reality and fantasy or more inclined to the latter.

Insanity is at the next curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment